Philadelphia Skyline

Friday, February 12, 2010

It won't stop snowing...

Ok, I know it has been FOREVER since I have written. I really have no excuse, other than the fact that it has been snowing like crazy and nothing has really progressed in the past week. Apparently east coast cities don't know how to handle snow, which is kind of shocking. Everything has shut down, classes have been cancelled, and my internship has postponed my start date. So I have spent the last week sitting in my apartment watching people below slip and slid trying to cross the intersection. Two days ago, before another blizzard came through, I went grocery shopping, trekking through a mile of snow to reach Whole Foods. Unfortunately I still haven't learned how to limit my shopping to what I can carry home. So as I was ringing up my items it dawned on me that I had to carry all of my super heavy new purchases home with me. And the blizzard had started. So my roommate and I packed six reusable bags with all of our cans, jars, and boxes, and proceeded to trudge home. Every two blocks or so we would pause and take a break and readjust, brushing the snow off of each other. By the time we got home we were covered in snow and we felt as though we had just gotten out of the weight room. Our arms were dead! But now our cupboards are fully stocked in preparation for the next blizzard on Monday.
On the internship front, I have received offers from all three of the places that I interviewed (a private firm, the Defenders Association, and the District Attorney Homicide Unit). I officially accepted an offer from the District Attorney's Office and was supposed to start there yesterday but the office was closed due to snow so I will be starting next week (Wednesday) instead. My supervisor, who is an Assistant District Attorney (ADA) just started a new trial so I will be jumping into the middle of all the action as soon as I start work. Unfortunately this means that I had to buy a pantsuit for court which was one of the most horrible shopping trips I have ever been on! But I know it will all be worth it in the end when I am sitting in court with the lead prosecutor on a murder trial.

Well, it's a short blog this time. Life has been slow, snow hasn't let up. Hope everyone on the west coast is enjoying life!

No comments:

Post a Comment