Philadelphia Skyline

Sunday, January 17, 2010

First Day In Philly!

I arrived in Philly last night! My friend Kate and I crashed in a cheap motel by the airport, ate Chinese food, and watched Law and Order. The next morning (today) we called a cab and drove into the city center, arriving at our new home for the next week - The Holiday Inn Express. We checked in early and went up to our hotel room where we met Christina! We had never met before but we quickly became fast friends. We left to explore the city and got a quick lunch across the street. Then we ran a few errands, and I was so blown away by how close everything is. I managed to buy shampoo, school supplies, lunch, and a hotel room within a city block.

I have already fallen in love with Center City in Philly with it's narrow streets, multicolored sidewalks, and ancient buildings, and I have only explored three square blocks! Every person that I have met has been super friendly and I am looking forward to meeting more people, exploring more shops and restaurants, and getting to know this city. I am already falling in love.

PS: It is pouring down rain here which might be why I feel so at home! Looks like I brought the Oregon weather with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment